This page is here to show parents/carers the next steps if pupils in a group/class/bubble are asked to isolate, to ensure that our normal school curriculum can be immediately continued.
Your child will have recieved a letter explaining that they must now isolate. Our Remote Learning plans aim to make sure that pupils are able to continue with their learning immediately. If you have any questions now or throughout the week, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01302 700332 during school hours.
On Day 1, we will host an online virtual class meeting for parents and pupils in each class, going through what the coming days will look like. Visit Microsoft Teams on or just before the time (that would be shown below) for your classs, click 'Teams' on the sidebar and just before the time below a notification will appear on the screen asking you and your child to join a video call with your child's Class Teacher and a member of the Leadership Team. A link to learning for Day 1 on the website will be sent to you on Day 1.
If you are unable to access Microsoft Teams or are not in Day 1's session (because of IT equipment or technical issues), you will be contacted by a member of school staff, to either help you access Microsoft Teams or talk about IT support, timetabling or how we are able to provide you with work if you cannot access Teams.
From then on, every school day, your child will access 2 LIVE lessons a day using Microsoft Teams. These 2 LIVE lessons will be just like the video call on Day 1 and will allow our staff to deliver lessons 'virtually' - and help parents with engaging pupils in school work. After each virtual session, your child will be able to complete 'assignments' in Microsoft Teams. The timetable for your year group will appear below.
1. Click the button below to visit Microsoft Teams.
2. Enter your email and password (these will be sent out to individuals).
3. If you're asked to download the Teams app, just click 'Use the web app instead' - it's right at the bottom of the page!
4. Click on your class name.
5. Make sure you're here at least 5 minutes before your LIVE lesson is due to start! Just wait on this page until...
6. When class is about to begin, you will see this appear. Click 'join' to join your LIVE lesson!
7. Your webcam, if you have one, will show your face in the middle of the screen. When you're ready to join, click 'Join Now'. From this point, you are in the LIVE lesson and will be able to see your teacher.
8. As soon as you go into the lesson, your teacher may 'mute' you and 'unmute' you if you're being asked something!
9. The teacher will take a register, checking that everyone can hear.
We ask that, as far as possible, your child attends all of these LIVE sessions and completes all assignments. However, we understand that this may not always be possible (childcare, working from home, shared computers etc.) and when we call on Day 1 will talk about how we can support you and your child as much as possible!
1. Go to Microsoft Teams, just like you did above.
2. Click on the 'Assignments' tab down the side.
3. After each lesson, your teacher will post an assignment and it will appear in your 'Assigned' tasks. Click on each to complete it!
Email email@example.com with the subject 'Remote Learning'.
Contact 01302 700332